[python-committers] Transfer of power

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 15:38:03 EDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 1:29 PM Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 at 10:42 Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In the short term we could appoint a *temporary* triumvirate to fill
>> in as BDFL (with the intent to re-assess the situation in September if
>> we haven't resolved on a permanent solution by then).  That would
>> allow us to maintain business-as-usual (and try out a triumvirate).
>> If we go that route then I'd recommend Brett, Nick, and Barry.
> I don't think we need a temporary solution while we digest this and figure out how we want to manage ourselves. Short of some horrible CoC catastrophe we can just hold off on making any final decisions on PEPs until a decision is made in how we want to handle PEPs going forward since Python 3.8 isn't hitting beta until May 2019 (and even if it was close we don't need to ever rush anything into a release as there's always the next release :) .

Agreed.  I was hasty in posting that and don't foresee any issues
where a temporary BDFL would matter. :)


More information about the python-committers mailing list