[python-committers] Comments on moving issues to GitHub

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:07:53 EDT 2018

On 3 June 2018 at 17:00, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll also email Maciej & EW Durbin ([1]) to see if they've had a chance to
> discuss the rehosting plans for bugs.python.org yet.

The status update here is that Maciej has been bringing Ernest up to speed
on the preparatory work that has already been done, but there's still some
further work to be done before they can provide an ETA for the actual
migration more precise than "in the not too distant future" (my
understanding is that the main items still being reviewed are the preferred
final destination for the PostgreSQL database, as well as how best to
actually execute the cutover).

Maciej also noted that while he's definitely interested in continuing to
work on bugs.python.org maintenance activities, he can't reply directly to
this thread since it's a CPython-committers-only list.

That's a very fair point, so I'd suggest that we move any further
discussion over to the core-workflow list. If folks don't want to subscribe
to yet-another-mailing-list, that's one that we've already migrated to
Mailman 3, so it has a web interface available at
https://mail.python.org/mm3/mailman3/lists/core-workflow.python.org/ (my
recommendation is to use your GitHub account to sign in, but there are
other social-auth login options, as well as the traditional email+password
approach).

Cheers,
Nick.