[python-committers] A different way to focus discussions

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 07:04:11 EDT 2018

It seems like the PEP 572 discussions restarted on python-dev mailing
list with more than 100 emails in one week.

Stupid idea: we created a mailing list just to fix os.random(): PEP
522 and PEP 524, whereas these discussions were not the ones with the
most emails. Why not creating a new pep572 mailing list for the ones
who don't want to follow PEP 572 discussions?

A dedicated mailing list may help to discuss subtopics by opening new threads.

*Maybe* discussions would be more constructive on a dedicated mailing
list with less traffic and narrower audience?

Victor