[python-committers] Mentoring Office Hours - the idea, and a question

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Wed May 16 11:50:13 EDT 2018

Yep, this is something I'm adding directly in the devguide so it's right
where new contributors are already going to be looking for help and
information.

As for how those mentors and mentees actually do the work, to start with I
think it's something that each person should just do what they're
comfortable with and have access to, and then once we have some data to
work off of, maybe then we prescribe some specific ways of doing it. I'm ok
to do video things, but some might not be, so in getting this started I
wanted to just begin with names, days, times, and contact information on an
official website. If someone wants mentorship and they're available when
I'm available, they reach out to me and we find a way to talk.