[python-committers] Mentoring Office Hours - the idea, and a question

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed May 16 11:31:26 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm usually available between 10:00 and 16:00 in the French timezone
(currently, it's CEST = UTC+2).

A few months ago, I wrote a tutorial and a list of available core
developers... currently it's just me :-D

   http://cpython-core-tutorial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_help.html

Maybe this list should be moved in the developer guide?

   https://devguide.python.org/help/

I chose to put it in my tutorial, since it's less official, and I was
not sure if I should put myself in the official guide ;-)

--

I also heard the idea of pair-programming using a chat, a video
conference, or something else.

For example, when you work on a bug, do it with a contributor to show
how you work. I never did that before, but I may try ;-)

Victor