[Python-cuba] Work Group Report for november

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 15:00:19 EST 2015

On 12/6/15, Alfonso Ali <alfonso.ali at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> Hi everyone,

Hello Ali , thanks for jumping in .

> There're plans to offer, in april, 2016 as part of the CubaConference event
> (http://www.cubaconf.org/), workshops about Python and/or Django. The
> coordinators of the event are looking for speakers and mentors. Those than
> can/want help/participate please contact Pablo Mestre (pmdcuba at gmail.com)
> who is the cuban coordinator.

[...]

I've been contacted by Pablo and I'm looking forward to get involved
somehow . This is the event I was talking about before , and includes
similar activities related to Node.js and other open technologies .
Indeed it's a free software conference. It would be great if some
Python sub-event could be incubated in that context , as an
intermediate step looking forward to the ultimate goal of the
Python-Cuba WG .

Considering that this has already been mentioned in this context , in
November monthly meeting some people (including Pablo and me) were
engaged in explaining to the audience the experience we lived during
Startup Weekend Havana 2015 . We both had other appointments and
people to talk to . We were even approached by a reporter , etc . So
we had little time to talk, during which he put on the table the
subject of contacting the WG and prepare a call for speakers . I
thought this was consistent with goal 1 in the WG charter [2]_ but I
have not been able to see him face to face since then. Is this
feasible/possible ?

The event is sponsored by BOOT e.V. (Germany) amongst others , though
I did not want to disclose any details before talking to Pablo
directly ... which is in my schedule for next week as well .

.. [1]  http://bootev.org/

.. [2] https://wiki.python.org/psf/PythonCubaWG/Charter

--
Regards,