[Python-cuba] Working Group Report for June 2015

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:35:28 CEST 2015

Is there an example of a Monthly Report out there?

Given we've defined this listserv itself as our principal tool for
collaboration,
I would think our progress is in many ways self documenting.

June Report:  PSF's commitment to assisting Pythonistas around
the world, most definitely including Cuba, is very evident from our
Work Group's work.  Our work is occurring against a backdrop of
many political developments, as well as changes in infrastructure.
We live in exciting times.

Would that be too abbreviated?

Addendum:

We have lots of talent and well-connected members on the listserv,
a public archive etc.  We have also made very clear that English
need not be the principal language of discussion i.e. the moderators
are quite happy to have threads in Spanish, Portuguese or whatever
local languages.  We're Unicode friendly. :-D

i18n is one of my themes, as it is for many subscribers and readers
of this list.

I can well imagine PyEvents in Cuba being more multi-lingual than
the average, and with the official language being Spanish if there's
the concept of official language.  Clearly PSF has no problem
supporting PyEvents where not-English is the top-level hosting
language, as evidence by ir.pycon.org etc.  Should cu.pycon.org
point somewhere?  That could be a topic for down the road  (we
have not agreed to use "Pycon", just suggesting another thread).

Kirby