[Python-cuba] [PSF-Board] Recognition of new working group

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed May 27 00:17:04 CEST 2015

Cut'n paste from the wiki for any who don't have access:

Cuban Pythonistas WG Charter

Purpose & Common Goals

   1.

   To help connect Pythonistas in Cuba with the PSF in terms of providing
   resources and support to User Groups and Events, such as Pycons or PyDays
   <https://wiki.python.org/psf/PyDays> in Cuba, including but not limited
   to:
   - a. Locating and sending speakers to fledgling conferences
      - b. Giving grants to such activities
      - c. Providing a mailing list or other communication tools useful for
      organizing
   2. To provide a meeting point point for fellow pythonistas around the
   World who wish to support and cooperate with the growth of the Cuban Python
   community.

Active Time

The workgroup will consider disbanding after a few Python-related events in
Cuba occur smoothly, with PSF participation and support. Our job will be
done then.

Core Values & Internal Governance

The group will abide by the guidelines of the PSF when it comes to advising
others as to its stipulations regarding use of trademarks the PSF works to
protect.

Rules & Decision Making Procedures

The working group may draw up memoranda of intent conveying plans to
provide support which may require PSF Board approval. We will move forward
by consensus punctuated by periods of brainstorming and free-wheeling
debate.

Communication Plan

The working group takes the form of a mailman listserv within Python.org.
It has a public archive. One joins by approval of the moderator.

List of Participants/Who we are

Roberto Rosario and David Mertz are the moderators. A number of members
have joined the mailing list since its initial formation, including some
Cubans. One does not need to be a member of the PSF, voting or otherwise,
in order to join the working group. We may seek to invite guest subscribers
to share expert advice and perspectives.

Support Requirements

Simply a mail-man listserv in the Python.org domain with a public archive
and a public listing as a Working Group.
It may occur later that the working group makes grant requests to the PSF
to support some specific activity, but we do not request any pre-authorized
budget to do so on our own.