[Python-cuba] ACTION NEEDED: Working Group Reports for September

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 03:34:02 CEST 2015

Thanks Pablo.

A much more interesting report than mine.  :-D

I encourage all of us to continue to updating each other via this listserv
from time to time, with any doings relevant to python-cuba, so that our
reports may be substantive.

Given its a "working group" ("-wg") and not just a "-sig" or ("special
interest group") best we look busy.  :-D

Racking my brains some more:

I had a fun exchange with Tim Peters and Guido in September on edu-sig:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2015-September/date.html

This is somewhat relevant to python-cuba as in 2011 I held a Pi Day
competition for getting Pi to a 1000 digits in Python using a Ramanujan
converging sum (not a continued fraction in that case), and Horacio Nunez,
University of Havana won the competition.

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2246748&tstart=0

The recent thread on edu-sig is also about generating pi, this time with a
generator I don't pretend to understand.

Kirby

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Pablo Gabriel Celayes <
pablocelayes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually I do have something report, but was waiting to have more time to
> write about it in detail.
>
> I am flying to Cuba around mid January, staying 10 days, and then I'll be
> there 10 more days at the beginning of March.
>
> I am planning to use the chance to meet the local communities and see if
> we can organize some event together.
>
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 6:01 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Greetings Betsy, AFAIK we have nothing new to report.  We're still
>> looking forward to PyEvents in Cuba.  Some have already occurred.  How big
>> these events get is anybody's guess at this point (not that size is
>> necessarily the most important parameter).
>>
>> Kirby
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Betsy Waliszewski <betsy at python.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Sorry for the short notice, but can you please send me your September
>>> reports to add to the board meeting agenda (Monday, Oct. 12).
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Betsy
>>>
>>> --
>>> Betsy Waliszewski