[Python-cuba] Request for PyPI mirror

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 12:43:46 EDT 2016

On 4/18/16, Carlos Osiel Rojas Velázquez <osiel8809 at gmail.com> wrote:
> El lun., 18 abr. 2016 a las 12:00, <python-cuba-request at python.org>
> escribió:

[...]
>>    1. Request for PyPI mirror (Olemis Lang)
[...]
>> So , in a few words , if there's anyone coming to Havana in the next
>> few days and keen to prepare a PyPi mirror we can publish in a local
>> network and use during CubaConf 2016 sprints , please contact me .
>> Thanks in advance !
>>
>> .. [1]
>> http://python-packaging-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/mirrors/#complete-mirror-with-bandsnatch
>>
>> .. [2]
>> https://docs.continuum.io/anaconda-repository/mirrors-pypi-repository
>>
>> .. [3] http://www.parsedcontent.com/2015/11/creating-pypi-mirror.html
>>

> I used as proxy mirror a devpi-server, these create a cache of packages
> than by request by users, and download only the new packages. I can help
> with configuration if it is needed.

[...]

Hello Carlos ! Thanks for your reply . The thing about devpi-server is
that in advance it is necessary to know what packages will be used  .
Besides , since it's a proxy , internet access is still needed so as
to download packages when no match can be found in the cache .

Mirrors built with bandsnatch will allow us to setup a full PyPI
mirror with a diversity of packages suitable to organize virtually all
kinds of events , looking forward into what we plan to do in the near
future .

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc