[Python-cuba] Request for PyPI mirror

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:47:15 EDT 2016

I wish I could hop a jet and just do this!

I'm heading to St. Louis early May and Charlie (exec I know) as asking
about Vietnam in June maybe (code school business, still somewhat
speculative given curriculum still up in the air (working on it)).

I joined the Brython group at least and shared an edu-sig (a frequent
haunt) about the upcoming sprint.

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2016-April/011432.html

Whatever Cuba PyEvents need but don't get this time around, is what to add
to the queue for a next time or a next.  Mirroring PyPi in Cuba sounds like
a good long range plan, irrespective of sprints.  Generic rack space in
general is likely a strong need.

I went to Vilnius for the PyEvent there some years ago and the local
Pythonistas understood the WiFi in the very best hotel would still not be
enough for the army of geeks about to descend and most their focus was on
contracting for better WiFi with some other vendor.

Just for fun, my pix from that visit:

https://flic.kr/p/28Z6R2  <--- main Europython venue

https://flic.kr/p/294wSd  <-- where I stayed with Swedish sponsors

The cubaconf website looks really good by the way.

Kirby