[Python-cuba] ACTION NEEDED: Monthly Report for PSF July Board Meeting

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:39:33 EDT 2016

On 7/13/16, Betsy Waliszewski <betsy at python.org> wrote:
> Hi WGs!
>
> It's that time again - Please submit your brief working group report before
> Tuesday, July 26 so that I can add it to the agenda.

The report , afaict

* SciPyLA 2017
  - Announcement of the conference next year in Cuba [1]_
    * Distribution in Cuba (pending full report by
      Abel Meneses, Chair of the Academic Program Committee)
    * +3K people interested [9]_
  - Plecaholder landing page for the event [2]_
  - Anticipated call for papers released [3]_ [4]_
  - Design of the visual identity of the conference [5]_
    + Two iterations
    + Might need minor adjustments
  - Two candidate magazines for publishing conf papers
    + Selection process in progress
  - Preparing for diffusion via Google+
* Starting preparation for 1st PyCon Cuba 2017
* In a podcast [6]_ recorded by Cachivache Media [7]_ we,
  the organizers of Encuentros Sociales de Desarrolladores [8]_ ,
  mentioned the articles published in the PSF blog about
  David Mertz visit to attend 10th ESD and CubaConf 2016 .
  - Thanks Mary Ann !

.. [1] https://facebook.com/TheCubanTech/posts/620627351425173

.. [2] https://scipyla.org/conf/2017

.. [3] https://facebook.com/TheCubanTech/posts/626084820879426