[Python-cuba] Fwd: Members of the Python-Cuba WG will meet President Obama tomorrow *in Havana*

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 19:35:47 EDT 2016

This archive should have a copy...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 4:08 PM
Subject: Members of the Python-Cuba WG will meet President Obama tomorrow
*in Havana*
To: [ several recipients including me ]

Hello !

I just received my invitation to attend on behalf of the Python Cuba
Working Group the meeting where Mr. Barack Obama , President of the
U.S.A , will contact Cuban entrepreneurs (on March 21st 2016 at 11:00)
. The goal is to encourage successful (business , collaboration , ...)
relationships between parties of both countries . Please, I'd like to
know of all details you might consider important to have a positive
impact upon the work of the Python-Cuba WG , especially if it's
appropriate to be said in that context . Regarding Cuban enterprises
and individuals , I could think of subjects like:

  - (legal, executive, ...) barriers to adopt Python in projects
    incubated by Cuban enterprises, startups and/or freelancers
  - (idem) for either participation (travel, VISA, access to financial aid,
...)
    of Cubans in global Python-specific events or for organizing such events
    in the island
  - limitations or difficulties that may be found while incorporating
    Cuban citizens as Python committers (possibility of signing CLA docs)
  - Impact of OFAC «laws» upon collaborations submitted to the PSF by
    Cuban citizens .
  - Impact of OFAC «laws» upon PSF/Python community members trying to
    help Cubans to grow the local community .
  - What could be improved so that the PSF can hire Cuban citizens ?
  - Transfer of funds , shipping of goods , ... so that US companies and
    non-profit orgs may officially sponsor (Python) conferences in Cuba ...
  - Policies of CUBANIC and domain registration .
  - <add your own>

p.s. I apologize for the very little time that I had in advance to let
you know . If you think you shouldn't have received this message then,
please , just ignore it . Feel free to forward this message to people
you consider that should be aware of this for they can suggest
something important .

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc