[Python-cuba] Fwd: Members of the Python-Cuba WG will meet President Obama tomorrow *in Havana*

Jacqueline Kazil jackiekazil at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:11:36 EDT 2016

I am confused by this email.
Why was this sent to individuals and not the python-cuba wg?

Olemis -- As someone who as worked in U.S. gov before and dealt in similar
situations you need to do the following....

1. *Create a 1 pager of asks that are clear to understand at a glance. *You
might have have NO time to actually speak with President Obama, so at the
very least you can send one of his aids or advisors away with the handout.
2. *Talk to his advisors/handlers. *His advisors are the ones / those
traveling with him are the REAL people you want to talk to. Do not get star
struck by focusing on Obama if there is a gaggle of people around him.
Focus on the other folks -- start conversation, find out what they do, and
figure out how they might fit into your asks.
3. *Have a 30 second sales pitch prepped* -- What are the 2-3 things that
would advance Python in Cuba the most? Nail the one sentence for each. If
you have time with him, you may only get 30 second encounter. Give the
sales pitch, then hand him the 1 pager, along with anyone who is listening
(the handlers/advisors). If you have more time than 30 seconds, continue
the pitch with the content that is on the one pager.

I am on a train to NYC right now, then on another to DC, so I have some
time to help w/ the one pager.

If you kick off of google doc, I can help w/ formatting, and tying in some
of the initiatives that he has been working on to make sure that you are
speaking to him directly.

Cheers,
Jackie

Jacqueline Kazil | @jackiekazil