[Python-Dev] Notice of intent: rich comparisons

David Beazley beazley at cs.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 21 22:06:50 CEST 1999

Guido van Rossum writes:

> ANSI C
>
> 	I'm tired of supporting K&R C.  All code should be converted
> 	to using prototypes.  The Py_PROTO macros should go.  We can
> 	add const-correctness to all code.  Too bad for platforms
> 	without decent compilers (let them get GCC).

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've written nothing but ANSI C for the last
8 years and have never had a problem compiling it on any machine.  I
don't see this as being a huge issue.

> Misc

Depending on how deep I want to dig, I may have some patches to
ParseTuple() that would make life easier for some of us extension
writing fans.  As it is right now, my experimental version of Swig
is using it's own version of ParseTuple (for various reasons).
Also, out of curiousity, is anyone making heavy use of the CObject
type right now?

Cheers,

Dave