[Python-Dev] zipfile.py

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@cnri.reston.va.us
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:39:58 -0500 (EST)

  >> Aside: I found that you are using undocumented arguments to
  >> zlib.compressobj() ... are these extra arguments left out of the
  >> documentation on purpose or by simple oversight ? I couldn't find
  >> them in the HTML docs and neither in the docstrings.

  JCA> I am following the CNRI code blindly here.  I don't have docs
  JCA> either.

The docs for the zlib module are quite out of date, although I think
the docstrings may be better (not necessarily completely up-to-date
thought :-).  The specific parameters to pass to zlib don't seem to be
documented anywhere either; IIRC I dug them out of some example C code
somewhere that used zlib to read Zip files.

Jeremy