[Python-Dev] Library pragma in PC/config.h

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:55:47 -0400

[Greg Ward]
> for building extensions with non-MS compilers, it sounds like a small
> change to PC/config.h is needed.  Rene Liebscher suggests changing
>
>   #ifndef USE_DL_EXPORT
>   /* So nobody needs to specify the .lib in their Makefile any more */
>   #ifdef _DEBUG
>   #pragma comment(lib,"python20_d.lib")
>   #else
>   #pragma comment(lib,"python20.lib")
>   #endif
>   #endif /* USE_DL_EXPORT */

>   #if !defined(USE_DL_EXPORT) && defined(_MSC_VER)
>
> That way, the convenience pragma will still be there for MSVC users, but
> it won't break building extensions with Borland C++.

OK by me.

> While I have your attention,

You're pushing your luck, Greg <wink>.

> Rene also suggests the convention of "bcpp_python20.lib" for
> the Borland-format lib file, with other compilers (library
> formats) supported in future similarly.  Works for me -- anyone
> have any problems with that?

Nope, but I don't understand anything about how Borland differs from the
real <0.5 wink> Windows compiler, so don't know squat about the issues or
the goals.  If it works for Rene, I give up without a whimper.