[Python-Dev] Venting some steam on current developments

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 18:33:21 -0400

Random question:  why isn't the Mac code checked into the main CVS tree?  I
don't know anything about Mac development, and because the code for it is
invisible to me too, have no idea how any change may affect your life (e.g.,
if Guido hadn't remembered its Mac connection, I would have deleted the
USE_STACKCHECK stuff -- for which there is no conceivable use via staring at
every file in the CVS true -- not even a doc like "stuff you shouldn't screw
with because it's important on the Mac" <wink>).

BTW, I heartily agree that the lack of official IANA names for Mac encodings
is not my fault.

sympathetic-but-too-ignorant-to-help-ly y'rs  - tim