[Python-Dev] Checked in...

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 02:16:56 -0700

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 06:11:07PM -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
> Okay, everybody seems to like the nondist idea, should it be
>
> nondist/src/onlinehelp.py
> 	# simple
> nondist/src/help/onlinehelp.py
> 	# its own directory -- in case it splits into two modules
> nondist/src/Lib/onlinehelp.py
> 	# code proposed for standard library

There isn't any need for organization. The area is not going to be heavily
trafficked. If somebody comes along with something "big", then they can
place it into a subdir. Even then, it could be questionable. The audience
for this stuff is python-dev.

nondist/src/ is still a bit official. As I mentioned in my note,
/nondist/sandbox/ is a good candidate -- it is very clear that we are
talking about stuff that is just messing around.

Therefore, I'd suggest /nondist/sandbox/onlinehelp.py

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/