[Python-Dev] Python-dev summary: Jul 1-15

esr@thyrsus.com esr@thyrsus.com
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:15:51 -0400

Ka-Ping Yee <pingster@ilm.com>:
> Eric suggested adding a cross-platform "browse" routine to urllib.
> Some discussion ensued; some names for a separate module were
> proposed including "webbrowser.py"; some people suggested using
> the "start" command on Windows instead; i suggested a "launch"
> module for launching other kinds of external applications as well
> as web browsers; i don't remember if any resolution was reached.

Fred Drake coded up a new version after I critiqued the original.  He
and I agreed it was good, and we didn't see any -1s on adding it to the
library.  Fred, did you ever commit that sucker?
--

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant
that government governs only with the consent of the governed.