[Python-Dev] Revised 1.6 jobs list

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@python.org
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:06:42 -0400 (EDT)

    GW> I have come up with a partial solution to the inconvenience of
    GW> accessing SourceForge, specifically the need for constant
    GW> authentication.

Greg, are you aware of ssh-agent?  Same convenience, same possible
exploits, but at least they've done the hard work for ya. :)

I usually just run XEmacs under ssh-agent.  First thing you do is fire
up a shell buffer, run ssh-add to authenticate once, and from there
on, all your ssh interactions (not just with SF) yank the private key
out of the ssh-agent process and never bother you with a passphrase
prompt.

-Barry