[Python-Dev] ANN: Release schedule

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:23:52 +0200 (CEST)

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Here at BeOpen we're scrambling to get the release schedule for the
> rest of Python 1.6 planned.  We're now looking at releasing Python
> 1.6b1 (or maybe it's going to be called 1.6a3 after all) on June 30!
> This means that if SRE isn't ready, we'll go with an incomplete SRE.
> Still better than no SRE!
>
> Please, PLEASE, if you have pending patches that you think should go
> into 1.6b1, submit them to SourceForge.  We'll do our best to have a
> look at every patch submitted; but don't wait until the last moment.

So, to sum up (because I'm a bit lost after all this patch-related
messages), what should I do to avoid at best adding to the collective
burden :

1. Should I send patches to SF and be quiet until June 30 ?

2. Should I apply for privileges and spend <big time> installing
   an SSH client on my box (illegal in France ;), then make my Python
   way into the SF galaxy ?

3. If I volunteer for help with the patches backlog, what do I do ?

4. Other options presented to me ?

Context : I (will) have some patches lying around, there are some
patches of mine on the pile sent to patches@python.org that I'm
confident about, I have read the FAQ at SF which gave me 0 clues
on how things are being set up there (only general info about
who why and what for + terms of service), and I managed to create
an account with a personal page containing two bookmarks in it
(after being distracted with personal and project ratings + gobs of
links to gobs of stuff).

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr