[Python-Dev] New PythonLabs site revealed!

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:58:20 -0700

> That's a good point.  A bump in major rev number is an /opportunity/
> to break things, like a bone that hasn't healed right, so that they
> can be fixed correctly.  We'll lose that for 2.0, mostly likely
> because of the tight release schedule.

Yes, I find that frustrating.  The story for months (years?) has been that
we don't break things because it's a 'dot-release', and so we've shelved
improvements left and right.  Now we don't have time to do those things even
when it _is_ a major release.

Some advance notice would have been nice.

--david