[Python-Dev] Do we need to support Tcl/Tk versions before 8.0?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:38:12 -0500

> I want to ask a different question: when is Python going to officially
> support Tcl/Tk v8.2/8.3? I'd really like for this to happen, as I hate
> having several libraries of Tcl/Tk on my machine.

This is already in the CVS tree, except for the Windows installer.
Python 1.6 will not install a separate complete Tcl installation;
instead, it will install the needed Tcl/Tk files (Tcl/Tk 8.3 or newer)
in the Python tree, so it won't affect existing Tcl/Tk installations.