[Python-Dev] Re: Python multiplexing is too hard (was: Network statistics program)

Cameron Laird claird@starbase.neosoft.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 17:37:48 -0500 (CDT)

	From guido@cj20424-a.reston1.va.home.com  Fri May 19 17:32:39 2000
			.
			.
			.
	> One thing of which I'm certain:  I do NOT like
	> documentation entries that say things like
	> "select() doesn't really work except under Unix"
	> (still true?  Maybe that's been fixed?).

	Hm, that's bogus.  It works well under Windows -- with the restriction
	that it only works for sockets, but for sockets it works as well as
	on Unix.  it also works well on the Mac.  I wonder where that note
	came from (it's probably 6 years old :-).

	Fred...?
			.
			.
			.
I sure don't mean to propagate misinformation.
I'll make it more of a habit to forward such
items to Fred as I find them.