[Python-Dev] [medusa] select, signals, and "interrupted system call" (EINTR)

Sam Rushing rushing@nightmare.com
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 12:07:59 -0700 (PDT)

Jim Fulton writes:
 > The asyncore main loop should check for this error in it's select
 > call and the select module should make this error easier to check
 > for.

It might go better into the event_loop function, which I think of as a
more user-serviceable part.  [for example, the default loop vs. the
one in medusa/event_loop.py that supports schedulable events]

 > I presume that this works in Python 1.6/2.0, but I
 > haven't tried it yet?
 >
 > This depends on the structure of select.error values
 > and requires that we get EINTR from somewhere. (What
 > should the value be on NT?)

If it's a big problem, I guess we could use a different default
event_loop() function for win32 vs. unix.

 > At a minimum, code like the above should be added to asyncore.
 >
 > Thoughts?

This has been asked for several times, I agree it'd be nice to have at
least a note in the docs..

-Sam