[Python-Dev] Release candidate followed by feature freeze?

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 21:13:41 +0200 (MET DST)

> I'd like to poll opinions about this (we haven't had a PythonLabs
> group meeting about this yet).

YES! I was hoping somebody would propose such a thing; I was quite
concerned that check-in procedures are still that liberate.

To report how similar projects operate: In gcc, a CVS release branch
is created at some point in time (usually months before the
release). When the code is declared frozen, all changes to the release
branch have to go through the release manager. After the release,
"important" changes to the mainline branch are manually propagated to
the release branch for subminor releases.

Regards,
Martin