[Python-Dev] Proposal -- makefile patches and scripts to generate python RPMs

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:25:37 +0200

eric wrote:
> In the course of maintaining fetchmail, I've developed effective
> techniques for integrating RPM and lsm generation into the release machinery
> of a package.  I'm willing to do this for Python; it will involve
> adding a makefile production and a couple of scripts to the
> distribution.
>
> The benefit would be that we could generate correct RPMs automatically
> and ship them with each release.  I think RPM is a sufficiently
> important distribution format to justify this effort.  Comments?

isn't this a distutils thing?  see:

ftp://python.beopen.com/pub/docco/devel/dist/creating-rpms.html

(lazy programmers just press the "deploy" button, of course ;-)

</F>