[Python-Dev] test_popen2 broken on Windows

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 00:03:18 -0400

[Fred]
>   If you can think of a good test case for os.popen4(), I'd love to
> see it!  I couldn't think of one earlier that even had a remote chance
> of being portable.  If you can make one that passes on Windows, I'll
> either adapt it or create an alternate for Unix.  ;)

Not tonight.  I've never used popen4 in my life, and disapprove of almost
all functions with trailing digits in their names.  Also most movies,  and
especially after "The Hidden 2".  How come nobody writes song sequels?
"Stairway to Heaven 2", say, or "Beethoven's Fifth Symphony 3"?  That's one
for Barry to ponder ...

otoh-trailing-digits-are-a-sign-of-quality-in-an-os-name-ly y'rs  - tim