[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Modules gcmodule.c,2.9,2.10

Neil Schemenauer nascheme@enme.ucalgary.ca
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:34:46 -0600

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 09:01:59PM -0700, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> set the default threshold much higher
> we don't need to run gc frequently

Are you sure setting it that high (5000 as opposed to 100) is a good
idea?  Did you do any benchmarking?  If with-gc is going to be on by
default in 2.0 then I would agree with setting it high.  If the GC is
optional then I think it should be left as it is.  People explicitly
enabling the GC obviously have a problem with cyclic garbage.

So, is with-gc going to be default?  At this time I would vote no.

  Neil