[Python-Dev] Thread problems on Linux

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 22:44:28 -0400

Did we ever get a little "pure C" program that illustrates the mystery here?
That's probably still the only way to get a Linux guru interested, and also
the best way to know whether the problem is fixed in a future release (i.e.,
by running the sucker and seeing whether it still misbehaves).

I could believe, e.g., that they fixed pthread locks fine, but that there's
still a subtle problem with pthread condition vrbls.  To the extent Jeremy's
stacktraces made any sense, they showed insane condvar symptoms (a parent
doing a pthread_cond_wait yet chewing cycles at a furious pace).