[Python-Dev] newimp.py

Charles G Waldman cgw@fnal.gov
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:10:48 -0500 (CDT)

Skip Montanaro writes:

 > I'm not sure what to make of your problem.  I can't reproduce it.  On the
 > Linux systems from which I track the CVS repository, I run cvs 1.10.6,
 > 1.10.7 and 1.10.8 and haven't had seen the problem you describe.

How about if you go to one of those CVS trees, cd Lib, and type
"cvs update newimp.py" ?

If I check out a new tree, "newimp.py" is indeed not there.  But if I
do "cvs update newimp.py" it appears.  I am sure that this is *not*
the correct behavior for CVS.  If a file has been cvs remove'd, then
updating it should not cause it to appear in my local repository.