[Python-Dev] problems importing _tkinter on Linux build

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 14:46:14 -0700

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 02:27:18PM -0700, Trent Mick wrote:

> I get the following error trying to import _tkinter in a Python 2.0 build:
>
> > ./python
> ./python: error in loading shared libraries: libtk8.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Duh, learning about LD_LIBRARY_PATH (set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib)
and everything is hunky dory. I presumed that /usr/local/lib would be
on the default search path for shared libraries. Bad assumption I guess.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM@ActiveState.com