[Python-Dev] FW: regarding the Python Developer posting...

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:31:41 -0400

Dan, anyone can mail to python-dev@python.org.

Everyone else, this appears to be a followup on the Mac OSX compiler error.

Dan, I replied to that on comp.lang.python; if you have bugs to report
(platform-specific or otherwise) against the current CVS tree, SourceForge
is the best place to do it.  Since the 1.6 release is history, it's too late
to change anything there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Wolfe [mailto:dkwolfe@pacbell.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2000 5:35 PM
To: tim_one@email.msn.com
Subject: regarding the Python Developer posting...

Howdy Tim,

I can't send to the development list so your gonna have to suffer... ;-)

With regards to:

<http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-September/016188.html>

>cc -g -O2 -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -c -o unicodectype.o
>unicodectyc
>cc: Internal compiler error: program cpp-precomp got fatal signal
11make[1]:
>*** [unicodectype.o] Error 1
>make: *** [Objects] Error 2
>dhcppc4:~/Python-1.6] root#

I believe it's a bug in the cpp pre-comp as it also appears under 2.0.
I've been able to work around it by passing -traditional-cpp to the
compiler and it doesn't complain... ;-)  I'll take it up with Stan Steb
(the compiler guy) when I go into work on Monday.

Now if I can just figure out the test_sre.py, I'll be happy. (eg it
compiles and runs but is still not passing all the regression tests).

- Dan