[Python-Dev] Re: [Distutils] Distutils 1.0 code freeze: Oct 1

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:05:02 +0200

> If you know about any outstanding Distutils bugs, please tell me *now*.
> Put 'em in the SourceForge bug database if you're wondering why I
> haven't fixed them yet -- they might have gotten lost, I might not know
> about 'em, etc.  If you're not sure, put it in SourceForge.

Mike Fletcher found a another bug: Building extensions on windows
(at least with MSVC) in debug mode link with the wrong python
import library. This leads to crashes because the extension
loads the wrong python dll at runtime.

Will report this on sourceforge, although I doubt Greg will be able
to fix this...

Distutils code freeze: Greg, I have some time next week to work on
this. Do you give me permission to check it in if I find a solution?

Thomas