[Python-Dev] Re: WHOA!!! Screw up on my part: how do I undo this (Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: black - Imported sources)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 02:06:33 -0400 (EDT)

    TM> I was playing with a different SourceForge project and I
    TM> screwed up my CVSROOT (used Python's instead). Sorry SOrry!

    TM> How do I undo this cleanly? I could 'cvs remove' the
    TM> README.txt file but that would still leave the top-level
    TM> 'black/' turd right? Do the SourceForge admin guys have to
    TM> manually kill the 'black' directory in the repository?

One a directory's been added, it's nearly impossible to cleanly delete
it from CVS.  If it's infected people's working directories, you're
really screwed, because even if the SF admins remove it from the
repository, it'll be a pain to clean up on the client side.

Probably best thing to do is make sure you "cvs rm" everything in the
directory and then just let "cvs up -P" remove the empty directory.
Everybody /is/ using -P (and -d) right? :)

-Barry