[Python-Dev] Re: cgitb.py for Python 2.2

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:38:46 -0700 (PDT)

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     SC> How about making it the default iff certain CGI-oid enviroment
>     SC> variables are set? Or would that be way too magical?
>
> I'm concerned about magically enabling it, because then my existing
> cgi scripts have to be modified to turn it off or they will/might
> break.  And I'll have to conditionalize the code to turn them off in
> case my users have an older version of Python.
>
> explicit-is-better-than-implicit-ly y'rs,
> -Barry

OTOH, looking for a CGITB variable might work.  On the gripping hand,
anyone who wants to work it that way can do so with two lines of code.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

I don't really mind a person having the last whine, but I do mind someone
else having the last self-righteous whine.