[Python-Dev] Any NeXT users out there?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 23:31:31 +0200

Are there any NeXT Python users left out there?

The reason I'm asking is that we're changing the --with-next-framework
support beyond all recognition to make it work on Mac OS X. I am
probably breaking what was there previously, BUT I'm pretty convinced
that that didn't work anyway as it stood. At least, according to all
rumour Mac OS X frameworks are very very similar to NeXT frameworks,
and the support that was in configure.in and Makefile.pre.in was
really no more than building a .dylib. There was no support to then
install this dylib (but that could be/have been in a separate script),
and moreover Python would never have been able to find the .dylib
(again, as far as I can tell with a few weeks of OSX experience and no
NeXT experience).
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++