[Python-Dev] Would it make sense to issue an extra alpha next week?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:28:25 -0400

When I was updating the NEWS file this morning, I realized that we've
already added a truckload of nifty stuff in the 9 days since 2.2a2 was
released: int overflows return longs, classic division warnings,
subclassing builtins, super, getset, two fixes to float literals, the
new GC API, and PyString_FromFormat[V].

I expect that I'll be concentrating on documentation for the
type/class unification next.  While writing the first piece of
documentation, I realized that, sadly, several more advanced things
aren't available in 2.2a2 yet.

The next alpha is planned for Sept. 19, almost three weeks off still.

Does anybody object against the release of an extra release, 2.2a3,
around Sept. 5?  We could do 2.2a4 on Sept. 19, or a week later if the
schedule gets too crowded.