[Python-Dev] PEP 250

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:33:29 -0400

On 31 August 2001, Thomas Heller said:
> Sure, will do it before 2.2a3. That's Sep 19, right?

The sooner the better -- this is a "priority 9" patch!

> Looking at the patch again, it seems sufficient to install into
> lib/site-packages if sys.version >= 2.2. No fiddling with loading python
> at runtime, importing distutils.sysconfig, and so on in bdist_wininst.

Sure, whatever.  Up to your best judgment; I've never actually looked at
the C++ code that's compiled into that big blob of binary data in
bdist_wininst.py.  The C++ probably wouldn't mean much more to me than
the binary blob does.  ;-)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Unix geek                                   gward@python.net