[Python-Dev] [Patch #103154] Cygwin Check Import Case Patch

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:37:57 -0600 (CST)

    Guido> But I believe the solution is that the TERMIOS module should be
    Guido> renamed.

Isn't this a general problem?  As I recall, the convention when generating
Python modules from C header files is to simply convert the base name to
upper case and replace ".h" with ".py" (errno.h -> ERRNO.py).  From h2py.py:

    # Without filename arguments, acts as a filter.
    # If one or more filenames are given, output is written to corresponding
    # filenames in the local directory, translated to all uppercase, with
    # the extension replaced by ".py".

Perhaps the convention should be instead to append "d" or "data" to the base
name (errno.h -> errnodata.py).

Skip