[Python-Dev] should a module's thread safety be documented?

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:42:27 -0600 (CST)

A bit late for 2.1alpha1, but it just occurred to me that perhaps there
should be an annotation in the documentation that indicates whether or not a
module is thread-safe.  For example, many functions in fileinput rely on a
module global called _state.  It strikes me that this module is not likely
to be thread-safe, yet the documentation doesn't appear to mention this,
certainly not in an obvious fashion.

Anyone for adding \notthreadsafe{} and \threadsafe{} macros to the litany of
LaTex macros in Fred's arsenal?  This would make documenting these
properties both easy and consistent across modules.

Skip