[Python-Dev] should a module's thread safety be documented?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:05:27 -0500 (EST)

Skip Montanaro writes:
 > A bit late for 2.1alpha1, but it just occurred to me that perhaps there
 > should be an annotation in the documentation that indicates whether or not a
 > module is thread-safe.  For example, many functions in fileinput rely on a

  If you can create a list of the known thread safe and known thread
unsafe modules, I'll come up with appropriate annotations for the
documentation.

 > Anyone for adding \notthreadsafe{} and \threadsafe{} macros to the litany of
 > LaTex macros in Fred's arsenal?  This would make documenting these
 > properties both easy and consistent across modules.

  Not sure that this is exactly the right approach to the markup; I'll
think about this one.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>