[Python-Dev] Windows compile broken

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:04:54 +0100

Neil Schemenauer wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:26:04PM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > I think Jeremy forgot to check in the needed change for
> > Objects/Makefile.in
>
> That file is dead.  Should I remove it now?  I haven't heard any
> major complaints about Makefile.pre.in yet.

What about that file ? Are you saying that Makefile.pre.in
will no longer work in 2.1 ???

Please don't remove that mechanism -- it has been in use for
quite a while and is much more stable than distutils. We should
at least wait a few more distutils releases for the dust to
settle before removing the old fallback solution.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg