[Python-Dev] another dict crasher

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
02 Jun 2001 00:20:26 +0100

"Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com> writes:

> The dict code has even more holes and in more places, but they're
> generally much harder to provoke, so they've gone unnoticed for 10
> years.  All in all, seemed like a good tradeoff to me <wink>.

Are you suggesting that we should just leave these crashers in?
They're not *particularly* hard to provoke if you know the
implementation - and I was inspired to look for them by someone's
report of actually running into one.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
  might well inhale people from off  their sofa until their heads