[Python-Dev] os.path.normcase() in site.py

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:51:00 -0400

[Just van Rossum]
> *** Please CC follow-ups to me, as I'm not on python-dev.

[Thomas Wouters]
> Is that by choice ? It seems rather... peculiar, to me, that you have
> checkin access but aren't on python-dev.

Well, I suppose it's supposed to be a secret, but Guido and Just haven't
talked in 17 years come Wednesday.  IIRC, something about a bottle of wine
and a toilet seat, and a small but energetic ferret.  Just hacked his way
into SourceForge access (those skills just run in the family, I guess), but
every time he hacks onto Python-Dev Guido detects it and locks him out
again.  It's very sad, really -- but also wonderfully Dutch.

at-least-that's-the-best-explanation-i-can-think-of-ly y'rs  - tim