[Python-Dev] Mac hierarchy backwards

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 11 May 2001 10:55:33 -0400 (EDT)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > It seems, however, that some of the directory structure is backwards:
 > Mac/Demo should be Demo/Mac, and Mac/Tools should be Tools/Mac. There
 > may be others of this kind.

  I agree that this should be the goal; I don't know if Jack's release
procedure would need to be revised before that can happen.  If so, I'd
encourage him to do so.

 > Is it really the case that the Mac API hasn't grown a chdir call in 13
 > years?

  Yikes!  I just search developer.apple.com for "chdir" and came up
with no hits, but I really don't know just what that tells me.
chdir() is required for POSIX compliance, but it isn't mentioned in
the C9X final committee draft.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>