[Python-Dev] Re: [Patches] [ python-Patches-428326 ] Timer class for threading

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 30 May 2001 13:14:24 +0200

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 02:16:31AM -0700, noreply@sourceforge.net wrote:

> OK, I'm un-withdrawing this patch.  Just had to get things
> straight with our lawyer. The patch is released under the
> following license (the X11 license with 4 extra paragraphs
> of disclaimers :):
> http://www.zoteca.com/opensource/LICENSE.txt

This raises an interesting point. Do we want separate pieces of the Python
distribution to have separate licences ? I'd point out that the zoteca
licence isn't mentioned on the OSI site as an Approved Licence, and that the
licence contains a copyright notice, but no clear statement whether it's
allowed to copy the licence other than together with the piece of software
it's distributed with.

The easiest solution would of course be for Itamar to get his boss/lawyers
to give us the right to relicence it under the PSF licence :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>