[Python-Dev] Patch submitted for cross-platform newline support

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:15:30 -0500

    JJ> I'm also interested in discussing whether a patch like this is
    JJ> appropriate while we're in beta. On the one hand I would say
    JJ> it is, because the feature is disabled by default. On the
    JJ> other hand there are changes (albeit mainly cosmetic ones) in
    JJ> a large number of places. Another argument for allowing this
    JJ> even while in beta is that I really really want it for Mac OS
    JJ> X (but this might not be a very strong argument, I guess:-).

I tend toward the more conservative, especially with changes that
touch lots of .c files, so I'd say -1.  But it looks from the patch
dialog that Guido's already approved of this in principle, so I'll
revise that to a -0.

-Barry