[Python-Dev] Patch submitted for cross-platform newline support

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 22:47:44 -0500

> I tend toward the more conservative, especially with changes that
> touch lots of .c files, so I'd say -1.  But it looks from the patch
> dialog that Guido's already approved of this in principle, so I'll
> revise that to a -0.

I'm not at all sure on whether this should be incorporated into 2.2.
I approve it (or something like it) for 2.3; for 2.2, I'm hesitant but
if Jack thinks it's needed for MacOS, and it's off by default, and a
thorough code review shows no problems with it as long as it's off, I
would be OK with it.  In other words, you're the release manager; it's
your call.